I agree with Hugh Hewitt and other conservative writers that Barack Obama is a cunning radical Leftist masquerading as a left of center moderate. In fact, he’s so far Left in his political ideology that he makes George McGovern look like Ronald Reagan or Winston Churchill. But that, in my view, is a sufficient reason why Obama, entrancing powers and all, will lose in November and go down in history as the Second Coming of George McGovern-if, of course, he’s fortunate enough to last that long. For I see an ominous cloud gathering over Obama’s head; the cloud of death by assassination reminiscent of the murders of the Kennedys and Dr. King in the 1960s. A terrible deed not committed by some right wing nut on a mission of hatred to save our republic, but by our militant Islamic enemies who want to damage and destroy this country and restore their religion into a great world political and military power.
As Obama is the “surrender candidate” planning to use soft power to out appease Neville Chamberlain in resolving international disputes his murder by Islamic extremists would seem preposterous if it weren't for his AIPAC speech on Wednesday followed by his meeting on Thursday with Hillary Clinton at the Washington home of Dianne Feinstein. Let me explain:
Obama the naïve, pretentious Left wing radical, the messianic unifier and peace maker that history has been waiting for; the man who is going to “slow the rise of oceans,” and save civilization from global warming, “remake America” and “heal the world,” cannot win the presidency unless he moves to the political center and convinces the public that he’s one of us: a normal down to earth family man sharing in our values, hopes and dreams-a difficult juggling act for a man aiming at such grandiose things. To moderate his image Obama has done four things:
1. He has distanced himself from the pro-Hamas, pro-Nation of Islam, America hating Reverend Wright, his pastor and mentor for twenty years.
2. He terminated his membership in the pro-Hamas, Afro-centric black radical Trinity United Church to which he largely owes his success in politics in the Chicago community and beyond.
3. On several He asserted several times now that an Obama administration would never negotiate with Hamas until it first renounces terror and accepts Israel's right to exist.
4. He gave a very strong pro-Israel speech at AIPAC where he emphatically made the commitment to defend Israel against its enemies; to keep it strong and free and preserve Jerusalem as its undivided capital-an unforgivable sin to Moslem extremists.
These four things, especially the last, have apparently ended Hamas's support for Obama as he is now seen by the terrorist group as useless for their struggle to weaken and defeat Israel. And what is true for Hamas is true for all of Israel’s murderous enemies in the region: Hezbollah, Syria, Iran. They all must share in Hamas’s profound disappointment in this man.
Indeed, on Thursday Abu Zuhri, a Hamas spokesman, charged that the AIPAC speech was pro-Israel saying "it confirms the consensus of the two American political parties on unlimited aid to the (Israeli) occupation at the expense of Palestinians and Arabs…… It destroys any hope for change in American policies toward the Arab-Israeli conflict." The “politics of change” doesn’t include Hamas‘s aspirations, and with the collapse of their hopes of having a friend in Obama-a hope in ruins for many jihadists-comes the mortal danger of his becoming a target for murder as indicated by the following ominous signs:
1. Hillary Clinton's unwitting remark on May 23rd about RFK’s assassination. This raised a tempest with Obama supporters wrongly suspecting that Clinton was wishing him dead so that she could win her party’s nomination.
2. Clinton's meeting with Obama two weeks later at the house of Diane Feinstein. What happened at this meeting, what was discussed, argued and agreed to, is less important than the day on which it happened. For the meeting took place on June 5th, the 40th anniversary of RFK's assassination, hosted by a woman who in 1978 became the Mayor of San Francisco upon the assassination of her predecessor George Mascone by an irate city politician. It is interesting to note that as Geraldine Ferraro was chosen by Walter Mondale over Feinstein for his veep in 84 this is an unmistakable sign that Hillary will not be Obama’s running mate. At the same time this could be an omen of coming tragedy: the female politician Hillary Clinton replacing the male presidential nominee as Feinstein replaced the murdered Mascone as Mayor in leftist San Francisco-in the state where RFK’s murder took place.
Indeed, in proportion as Obama moves toward the center and away from the radical Left on foreign afairs and security issues the danger critically grows that jihadists could strike him down. Indeed, as presidential candidate RFK was assassinated by the Palestinian fanatic Sirhan Sirhan for his strong support of Israel so now Obama could be a marked man for his “unshakable” support of the Jewish State with jihadist plots against his life possibly hatching as I write. At this point a dead Obama causing race riots and havoc across America-with our cities burning and people killed as happened in the 1960s-could be viewed by our enemies as having more value for their cause against us than a live pro-Israel President continuing the policies of the past. Even if our enemies see through Obama’s charade and understand that he has to hide his radical views and run toward the center in order to win, if he’s seen as unable to defeat John McCain this in itself could be cause enough to kill him for its destructive impact on our culture.
The cat is out of the bag on Obama’s significant ties to the radical Left, which includes his influential Marxist mother, Frank Marshell Davis, Reverend Wright and William Ayers, and there is no putting it back. Despite his charismatic powers and talents as a speaker Obama I believe is unelectable without Hillary Clinton as his running mate, and this it seems is not to be. His campaign is no anchor and all sail desperately trying to out run John McCain on security, defense and foreign policy issues and in confronting Iran over its nuclear program, as he did in his insincere AIPAC speech. In time the Obama Express will derail as the novelty of his charisma wears thin and he’s seen for what he is: a dissembling left winger offering nothing new but the color of his skin.
Nevertheless, we must think more seriously about Obama’s safety and take every precaution to keep him from harm. RFK’s death is a warning that he must heed; a warning to tighten his security as it is possible that he’s now being targeted for death by a lone Arab gunman like Sirhan, striking from a crowd at a campaign rally; or by professional jihadist killers who have penetrated his campaign. The murder of this man would be a national calamity with huge social costs that we can ill afford, especially since it could all but guarantee the unprecedented victory of Hillary Clinton.