I can add to these examples but the point is amply made Barack Hussein Obama has tragedy, misfortune and failure written all over him and is on the sorry path to presidential calamity, not presidential greatness and transformational change.
Last Summer the New York Times ran an article comparing Obama to Shakespeare’s tragic anti-hero Hamlet because of his vacillating and indecisiveness and melancholy disposition (see note 7). While Obama is weak on making quick decisions due to poor instincts and an overly cerebral non-intuitive brain he does resemble Hamlet and something more; that something more being the hapless young Romeo in the tragic love tale who cries out to heaven after Juliette’s death: “I AM FORTUNE’S FOOL!” For Barack Hussein Obama is FORTUNE’S TRAGIC LEFTIST FOOL.
POSTSCRIPT (added May 7th).
The number of days separating Coolidge’ s death from the start of World War II for the United States are 3258. This gives us the numbers 32 and 58 the presidency number of FDR and the number of days separating Coolidge’s death from FDR's election and inauguration, hence:
January 5, 1933 (Coolidge’s death) to December 7, 1941 (Pearl Harbor attack)= 8 years, 11 months and 2 days or 3258 days.
In my view this new discovery denotes that Coolidge's death was indeed a prophetic sign
anticipating the coming of World War II; a sign indicating that FDR, the 32nd President, would be Commander in Chief when Pearl Harbor was attacked, and that the conflict was a war of necessity for turning the US into a great world power-the greatest good coming out of that greatest of all evils to befall mankind.
1. November 8, 1932 (FDR’s election victory) to January 5, 1933 (Coolidge’s death)=58 days.
January 5, 1933 to March 4, 1933 (FDR’s inaugural)=58 days
2. According to Jonah Goldberg in his excellent book “Liberal Fascism” in the period just prior to FDR’s presidency Benito Mussolini was the most respected and revered political figure on earth and his Italian fascism was regarded as the ideal form of government by many in the American intelligensia and media. FDR earnestly believed that his New Deal, though an admitted failure economically (it failed to end the Great Depression), saved the American free enterprise system from the hard radical left: the socialists and communists who wanted to abolish private property and individual freedom; or from the Mussolini type fascists who wanted a one party centralized state directing the world of business and commerce. While many of FDR’s measures: the Wagner Act, price fixing, Social Security, etc., stole the thunder from the hard Left we will never really know if they saved American capitalism and liberty from an existential domestic threat. Regardless, in my view, FDR’s heroic wartime leadership and vision of America’s world destiny redeemed him from the sins and follies of the New Deal. Who among us on the Right wouldn’t trade a pro-American FDR, New Deal and all, for the deluded, weak FDR wannabe in the White House?
3. World War II began when Hitler invaded Poland on September 1, 1939.
It is interesting to note that just as Julius Caesar when dictator of Rome changed the beginning of the Roman calandar year from March to January so did Congress change the start of the presidency from March to January with FDR ushering in what historians call the Imperial Presidency. America’s destiny as the greatest world power since the Roman Empire started with FDR.
4. 58 x 33=1914
5. The US embassy in Teheran was stormed by Islamic students on November 4, 1979 and the hostages seized were released just minutes after Reagan was sworn into office 444 days later.
6. The three Great Liberator Presidents were Lincoln, FDR and Reagan.
7. Admirers of Obama say that he has a warm, sunny nature and a lovely winning smile. But in reality his sunniness is not like that of the sun which overwhelms you with warmth and light, but that of a distant star surrounded by darkness and gloom. It’s a cold, impassive melancholy light emitting little or no real warmth or light.